Thursday 18 April 2024

HOWTH TALK


In 2016 I gave my Brewster talk in Howth at a mere 230 metres from The Gem where Gordon died seventy years earlier.

I had taken the initiative in suggesting the talk to the local history society. I was an unknown, but I persuaded the Secretary that it would be a good idea. I gathered later that he did not always have his own way and that the Committee took some persuading.

The night went well and I treasure the Secretary's subsequent remark. He commented that had they known in advance how good the talk was, it would have avoided all the effort in persuading the Committee to take the risk with me.

Compliments come in different forms. The thing is to be alert to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is moderated so comments will not appear until approved. Trolls and other disrupters will not be tolerated. Serious, or humorous, comments will be given a fair hearing.

Clicking on anonymous will give you a drop down menu to choose your profile. In the section NAME/URL you can leave just a name and ignore the URL if you wish.

GORDON'S FINE ART

We know that Gordon was primarily an artist and a trained artist at that. He attended the Dublin Metropolitan School of Art, and he exhibi...